This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Zucchini slice is such a classic recipe! It’s an easy (and tasty) way to get more veggies into the kid’s diet, and is great in their lunchboxes, or an easy packed work lunch when combined with a small salad on the side. This is also perfect for picnics and BBQs, bring-a-plate events, or cut into small squares to use on a grazing platter.
For an equally delicious version, swap some of the grated zucchini for grated carrot, or add a handful of corn kernels.
- 375 g zucchini grated
- 1 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 onion finely diced
- 200 g bacon diced
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a medium size baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, until golden-brown and set in the middle.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing. Serve hot or cold.
Find all our recipes for the school lunchbox here.