This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Combining the sweetness of sweet potato and cherry tomatoes with the tangy bite of ham and fetta cheese, these scrolls are a delicious lunch or snack. Like these Pizza Scrolls, the dough is a little soft and sticky, so use plenty of flour to dust your hands and work surface, and using a sheet of baking paper to flatten the dough out onto will assist when it comes to rolling up the dough. These freeze well for up to a month for school lunchboxes.
Sweet Potato Scrolls
2 & 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup milk
8-10 slices ham
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup fetta, finely diced or crumbled
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl or large jug, combine sweet potato, oil, milk and egg together until well combined. Add potato mixture to flour and mix until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Using well-floured hands, tip dough onto a well-floured sheet of baking paper. Pat or roll out dough to form a rectangle approx. 20cm x 30cm.
- Place ham slices on dough, then sprinkle over cheese and fetta. Using the baking paper to assist, roll up dough from long side to enclose dough, forming a log. Cut log into 12 pieces. Place each scroll onto the baking tray. Top each scroll with 2 quarters of the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 12 scrolls.