This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
These slow cooker Italian pork chops are the creation of using up bits and pieces from my pantry and freezer while I pack up the house to move interstate. Another bonus is that once the initial prep is completed, these simply cooked in the slow cooker while I continued with the madness that is moving house with 3 kids and a dog.
While not a traditional Italian recipe, the simple ingredients combine to create super-tender meat in a lovely tomato-herb sauce that is perfect for soaking up with loads of mash potato and crusty bread. The olives can be any type you like – I had only green ones for this recipe, but kalamata olives would be nice too!
Don’t forget to check out more of our easy Slow Cooker recipes for easy and tasty dinners the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Italian Pork Chops
- 4 pork forequarter chops or pork cutlets
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olives
- Mix flour with a little salt and pepper in a large bowl or plate. Lightly coat pork with flour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry chops for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-5 hours. Serve with creamy mash potato, greens and crusty bread.
You may also like: