This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
This easy and delicious slow cooker curried sausages recipe is the perfect budget dinner to feed the whole family tonight!
Sausages are a staple in our household – they are cheap, filling, easy to cook and taste great! I usually cook this with 12 sausages, however I have used as few as 6 in the recipe and it still tastes delicious. This makes enough to feed my family of 5 for the night, plus leftovers for lunch the next day. If you have extra mouths to feed, add a few more sausages or bulk it out with extra veggies.
My recipe below lists the basic vegetables I always use, but I usually always bulk it out by adding whatever extra vegetables I have on hand in the fridge – think capsicum, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms.
My whole family loves the flavours in this curried sausages recipe, and being able to cook it in the slow cooker means that I don’t have to think about rushing around cooking dinner later that day. All I have to do is cook a side to go with it! Our favourite side is fluffy white rice, however you can also serve it with pasta or mashed potato.
This curried sausages dish is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked sausages, which we always have after hosting backyard BBQs with family and friends!
Slow Cooker Curried Sausages
- 12 sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas & corn kernels
- 1/2 to 1 tabs curry powder
- 2 tabs fruit chutney
- 2 cups stock or water
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed into 1 tabs water, to thicken
- Place the sausages, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, fruit chutney and stock/water into the bowl of the slow cooker and give it all a quick mix together. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Half an hour before the cooking time is finished, mix through the frozen peas and corn, and cornflour mixture.
- Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potato.
You may also like: