This easy and delicious slow cooker curried sausages recipe is the perfect budget dinner to feed the whole family tonight!
Sausages are a staple in our household – they are cheap, filling, easy to cook and taste great! I usually cook this with 12 sausages, however I have used as few as 6 in the recipe and it still tastes delicious. This makes enough to feed my family of 5 for the night, plus leftovers for lunch the next day. If you have extra mouths to feed, add a few more sausages or bulk it out with extra veggies.
My recipe below lists the basic vegetables I always use, but I usually always bulk it out by adding whatever extra vegetables I have on hand in the fridge – think capsicum, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms.
My whole family loves the flavours in this curried sausages recipe, and being able to cook it in the slow cooker means that I don’t have to think about rushing around cooking dinner later that day. All I have to do is cook a side to go with it! Our favourite side is fluffy white rice, however you can also serve it with pasta or mashed potato.
This curried sausages dish is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked sausages, which we always have after hosting backyard BBQs with family and friends!
Slow Cooker Curried Sausages
- 12 sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas & corn kernels
- 1/2 to 1 tabs curry powder
- 2 tabs fruit chutney
- 2 cups stock or water
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed into 1 tabs water, to thicken
- Place the sausages, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, fruit chutney and stock/water into the bowl of the slow cooker and give it all a quick mix together. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Half an hour before the cooking time is finished, mix through the frozen peas and corn, and cornflour mixture.
- Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potato.