This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
A bowl of hot, thick and creamy pumpkin soup is a favourite family meal here, especially during the cold winter months when we are craving comfort foods.
This classic pumpkin soup recipe is so easy to prepare with common household ingredients, plus is fast to cook as you just simmer the ingredients together, then blend and serve. A big bowl of this soup also packs a decent nourishing serve of veggies.
This recipe is what my mum made when I was a kid, and to me is still hands-down the best pumpkin soup recipe out there. Enjoy it as is, add your favourite toppings (bacon pieces, fresh herbs, croutons), a swirl of cream, or with a side of fresh crusty bread, garlic bread or cheesy toast to dip in the soup.
- 1.2 kg pumpkin peeled and deseeded, chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients, except for cream and salt and pepper, into a large saucepan or pot on high. Bring to a rapid boil, then turn down the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and carefully blend using a stick blender until smooth. Stir through cream and salt or pepper if using.
- Serve with your favourite toppings or sides.