This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Warm-up on a cold night with this delicious and creamy Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup recipe!
With an uncomplicated list of ingredients and a 30 minute cooking time, this is a favourite soup recipe in my household. Served with a slice or two of crusty bread, it’s a yummy family meal that also packs in a serve of veggies. This recipe also freezes well, and you can top it with any garnishes you like, such as chives, cheese, or a swirl of sour cream.
Potato, Leek & Bacon Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 leek white part only, sliced
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 stick celery diced
- 3 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 200 g bacon diced
- Salt & pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, onion, celery and potatoes, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all veggies are super-soft.
- While the soup is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add a little oil and fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and blend the mixture until smooth. Stir through cream and the bacon pieces, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
You may also like: