This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
These savoury muffins are a delicious alternative to sandwiches in the lunchbox! You can easily swap out the vegetables for whatever you have in your fridge. They also freeze well for a month.
Cheesy Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups pumpkin, grated
1 & 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 small red capsicum, finely diced
1 tbs chopped fresh herbs, or 1 tsp dried (parsley, chives and basil are a great combination)
1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen or tinned all work well)
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbs pepitas or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced (190C conventional). Line a 12 hole muffin with cupcake cases.
- Combine pumpkin, cheese, capsicum, herbs, corn, flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, salt and pepper, and then add to vegetable mixture. Mix together until just combined (do not over mix).
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray until the mixture is just level with the top of the cupcake cases. Sprinkle with pepitas/sunflower seeds if using.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all mixture is cooked.
Makes approx 12 large or 24 small muffins.